From street festivals to dance performances to live theater, Chicago offers a full slate of events and activities to experience throughout the year. As summer winds down, be sure to stop by Millennium Park for the following exciting neighborhood events:
Millennium Park’s Summer Film Series
While drive-ins are long gone, you can still enjoy a movie outside on a comfortable summer night. Catch the following movies as Millennium Park’s Summer Film Series comes to an end for the season.
- Tuesday, August 25th @ 6:30 pm: Mahogany— See Diana Ross in this classic, yet dramatic love story about fashion, love, and success.
- Tuesday, September 1st @ 6:30 pm: The Breakfast Club—Wrap up your outdoor movie nights with this John Hughes favorite.
Cost of Admission: Free.
Summer Workout Programs in Millennium Park
Don’t waste the final days of summer inside at the gym. Enjoy some sun and sweat it out with one of the many workout programs being hosted on the Great Lawn in Millennium Park.
Exercise classes available:
- Tai Chi: Known as “meditation in motion,” Tai Chi is considered one of the best exercise options for reducing stress and promoting peace of mind. Tai Chi is a self-paced, non-competitive activity, so participants don’t have to worry about keeping up with the group and can focus on their own inner harmony in this class.
- Yoga: Similar to Tai Chi, yoga consists of specific positions and movements that focus on balance and controlled breathing.
- Pilates: Looking for core strength? This is the foundation for Pilates. Try out a session and learn more about using the back and abdomen muscles for a full-body workout
- Zumba: A faster pace and upbeat music makes Zumba a fun and addictive cardio workout.
Cost of admission: Free. Program ends September 5, 2015
Duration of classes: 45-minutes per session
Chicago Dancing Festival
Millennium Park’s performing arts events are always a crowd-favorite, and the Chicago Dancing Festival is no exception. The open accessibility of Millennium Park sets the perfect stage for exceptional dancers and top performers from across the country and abroad.
- When: August 25-29
- Where: Jay Pritzker Pavilion
- Cost of Admission: Free